3 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe

My Favorite Scene

Hi I'm Arın, and I am going to tell you about my favorite two parts from my novel as much as I can. My favorite scene is Tadashi's future dream about his carrier. He wants to see more and more than his father. He doesn't want to be a fisherman like his father. And he says that "I am not going to spend my whole life on the edge of the world. I want to see more, do more than my father. I don't want to be just a fisherman." (p.18). But there is a problem because Canadians don't let Japanese into schools. Tadashi decides to go to Japan to study. Jed ignores Tadashi's thoughts and he says that "What do you mean, Japanese? You were born here. Your father is a naturalized Canadian. You are Canadian." (p.18) But Tadashi isn't a Canadian beacuse he has a yellow skin, slanty dark eyes, dark hair. Jed tries to help him and they start to dream. In their dream Tadashi will be doctor. Tadpole and he will live in a big city, proud father of five children, owner of a large house and fancy car, best of all married to the lovely Kiyoka. While dreaming this a smile comes to his face and feels excited. I think this part shows me how ambitious Tadashi is. I was influenced when I first read his character because he is a hardworking and ambitious boy. He doesn't stay where he is now. He can do what he wants for his carrier. I chose this image because this picture was taken in World War 2. This is a part from a real doctors' life.



(http://www.wartimememories.co.uk/women.html)

1 yorum:

  1. 1- I can't see your image?
    2- What were your reasons for choosing your image?

    YanıtlaSil